The Best b2evolution Hosting
All of the web hosts we include on our list are b2evolution ready. This gives you the ability to choose your host based on the full range of features and support without having to trade off b2evolution functionality for another feature. At a minimum, b2evolution hosting requires the latest version of PHP and MySQL capability along with the ability to have large databases. Exceptional b2evolution hosting should have:
- A high bandwidth allotment
- 1-click installation of b2evolution
- Custom PHP.ini file capability (for advanced users) and E-Commerce features (for business users)
We recommend Hostgator as our top b2evolution hosting provider because they offer unlimited MySQL databases, no database size limit and the latest PHP version – everything you need to support your b2evolution website or blog, large or small.
|b2evolution Host Ratings|
|Budget 5 Star
|Click Here for our Detailed Web Host Comparison|
What Is b2evolution?
b2evolution is a multi-lingual, multi-user, multi-blog publishing system written in PHP with a MySQL backend. Distribution under the GNU General Public License means it’s available without charge. b2evolution is focused on ease of installation and feature richness. It can easily be installed on a LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP) host in a matter of minutes, often via 1-click install (which is supported on all of the reviewed b2evolutoin hosting plans). With the latest release, no configuration file editing is necessary, as all configuration is handled through the installer or administrative back-end.
b2evolution couldn’t be more simple to use. Just type something in the web form, click “post this”, and it’s on your website! Posts are arranged by date and category automatically within whatever theme you choose or create. Visitors can leave comments that will appear beneath your blog post. They are also able to search and browse through your blog. You can also share photo streams and newsfeeds. b2evolution dynamically generates web pages from the MySQL database backend, so no tedious rebuilding is necessary. It also means you get faster search and display capabilities, as well as the ability to easily present your blog posts using different templates.
b2evolution is a medium scale CMS centered around the Blog concept, fully featured with multiple blogs, content/presentation separation, full user management, full internationalization (i18n), workflow management and extending towards features normally provided by Wikis, Trackers or hierarchy driven CMS’s. With an open-source API, developers are able to add new functionality as they desire. Several popular plugins have been developed for b2evolution. These include text format extensions enabling Textile, Auto-P, Greymatter, BB code, Texturize, LaTeX, and graphic smilies. Also, plugins which facilitate full integration with third party tools such as Gallery 2, YouTube and digg are available. b2evolution provides the flexibility you need to invent new applications for blogs and solve common problems pertaining to information sharing and collaborative work.
b2evolution Feature Highlights
- Multiple blogs. Install b2evolution once and use it for 2, 3, 10, 100 or even 1000 blogs at the same time. Each blog can live on a different page, in a different folder, or on a different domain. Or, you could also choose to display several blogs on the same page. Photoblogs, moblogs, linkblogs and blogrolls can be added in a snap.
- Blog skins. Skins do not only determine how your blog looks but also how it behaves: traditional blog, knowledge base, bug tracker, etc. Additional skins can be easily downloaded and installed.
- Multiple users and authors. Any user can be given permissions to read, write, moderate or fully customize any number of blogs. Complete and detailed permission management is included.
- AntiSpam Deluxe. Effective combination of active and passive antispam measures — including a community shared blacklist — to block comment and referrer spam.
- Integrated statistics. b2evolution will show you activity graphs for each blog, including robots, RSS readers and browser hits broken down by referrers, searches, direct accesses, self-referred, etc. Also includes search keywords, user logins and more.
- Easy install & upgrade. b2evolution’s installer will take care of almost everything. Basically, you only need to give it the name of a MySQL database and you’re set. Upgrading is equally simple. Only heavy customizations may require special care when upgrading.
- Advanced categorization. Each blog can be sub-divided into categories and sub-categories to organize your posts by subject or theme. Posts can be assigned multiple categories, but even more: if you wish posts can be cross-posted among multiple blogs at once.
- Plugin framework. b2evolution’s advanced plugin framework allows you to extend the application with virtually any feature you may need… or simply install prebuilt plugins provided by the community.
- Localized in several languages. Many languages packs are available for download. If you can’t find your language, use the localization toolkit to easily localize b2evo to your language.
- Web standards compliance. b2evolution is so W3C standards compliant that it is used by the W3C itself! Additionally, b2evo has an integrated XHTML checker that lets you validate any new content before you post it.
- True workflow. For example: submitters can post drafts, then assign them to an editor who in turn may assign them to reviewers for final approval and publication on the site. Actual workflow, permissions and statuses are all up to you.
b2evolution Blog Features
- Multiple blogs and sub-categories
- Multiple domains
- Blog skins / themes
- Skin widgets
- Photoblogs with thumbnail index
- Podcast support
- Pages (out-of-flow posts / general info pages)
- User comments
- Comment ratings
- Allowing/closing comments on a post by post basis
- Spam filtering
- Paged browsing
- Archives by Category, Year, Month, Week or Day
- Tags and tag clouds
- Keyword search (and / or / phrase)
- Multipage posts
- Extended “read more” posts
- Clean permalinks
- Post by post “lang” attribute
- Author contact forms
- Standalone admin contact form
- W3C web standards compliance
b2evolution Administration features
- New backoffice including dashboard
- Cross-post among multiple categories and multiple blogs
- Draft and private posts
- Protected posts (reserved to members)
- Simple post editor, Expert post editor and HTML post editor
- Advanced rendering plugins
- Texturize plugin
- Smiley plugin
- XHTML input validator
- Image / File upload
- Complete file manager
- Automatic thumbnail generation
- User / Group management
- Simple permission management
- Advanced User / Group permissions
- Edit permissions can depend on user level
Additional b2evolution Features
- EvoBar (toolbar)
- Easy installer
- Security aware framework
- i18n/l10n toolkit
- Time zone difference handling
- RSS for posts and comments
- Atom for posts and comments
- RSS/Atom feeds for comments on individual posts
- XML-RPC APIs
- Pre-optimized for search engines & advanced SEO settings
- Canonical URLs and 301 redirects
- Ping plugins
- Pinging of b2evolution.net and pingomatic
- AdSense plugin
- Advanced plugin framework
- Integrated stats with Flash charts
- Integrated antispam
- Centralized spam blacklist
- Task scheduler for automatic maintenance
- Google Sitemaps
- Optimized for iPhone
- User registration with email validation